Easy Tangy Tomato and Fresh Basil Pasta Salad
When a last-minute summer BBQ is planned, it can be overwhelming to throw something quick together that not only tastes great but also keeps everyone satisfied. An urgent need for food is suddenly realised by the masses, pasta will fill those rumbling bellies after a long day of soaking up the rays. Even with over 10 ravenous mouths to feed, your mind can be put at ease knowing you can whip up a really convenient and delicious meal in just 15 minutes; thanks to HotSpot Titanium’s boiling water appliance.
Pasta salad with skinless toms and fresh basil is an easy solution that will wipe smiles right across those dials. The economical and convenient pot-filling function from your 3-in-1 tap allows the pasta and tomato preparation to be completed in just minutes!
What you need:
(Serves approx 10 people)
- Large mixing bowl
- Large pot
- 1 (16-ounce) box of dry pasta. (Short pasta like rotini, elbow or orecchiette are great for pasta salad, but otherwise, just use whatever you have in the cupboard!)
- Olive oil
- Tomatoes (lots of them!)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Fresh basil
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
- Chilli flakes (if you wish to spice)
- Anything extra you want to throw in
Pasta Preparation with your Hot Boiling Water Tap
Prepare the pasta using HotSpot Titanium’s innovative pot-filling function. Luckily, there is no need to wait while the water heats up, you have boiling water immediately thanks to the mixer tap. Add the pasta to an empty pot and then fill with boiling water. Cook the pasta for 8-12 minutes depending on the type/package recommendation. After cooking drain the pasta and let it cool.
Tomato Preparation with your Hot Boiling Water Tap
Skinning the tomatoes allows a smooth, rich texture, the juices can then melt directly into your pasta.
Fill a large glass bowl with your toms. Use the pot-filling function on your 3-in-1 boiling hot water tap. Let the tomatoes sit in boiling water for 30 seconds, no longer than one minute or they may start to cook. Use a spoon to fish them out and place on ice or in cool water to cool. Once cool delicately remove the skins, these should slide off with ease.
Once the tomatoes have been skinned, mix pasta and tomato together, then add fresh basil. Garnish with olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and chilli flakes if desired. If you want to spice it up, you can create your own DIY pasta station so guests can get creative with their garnishes and toppings of choice.
So why is this boiling water tap an asset for your summer BBQ?
- The water is filtered, pure and premium quality for your health.
- No need to wait for the kettle to boil, you have instant boiling water in seconds.
- You know the exact temperature of the water you are using.
- No need to re-boil the kettle a second time because you didn’t boil quite enough water initially.
- HotSpot Titanium’s unique and patented safety system: Intelliprotect® is a cutting edge safety technology. Plus, the tap is cool to touch - so ideal for the littlest of visitors.
When boiling water using the stove, it can be difficult to measure exactly what the temperature of the water you are boiling is unless you use a thermometer. As explained in our blog on child safety, the boiling water that streams HotSpot Titanium’s tap is at exactly 100 degrees celsius.
If you would like more recipe ideas or information in regards as to how HotSpot Titanium’s boiling water tap be your trusty sidekick, you can visit the website. To consider all your options when it comes to entertaining your guests with cutting edge, dominant technology you can view all your options at HotSpot Titanium online.