When it comes to a good cup of coffee, everyone has their favourite outdoor places. But in this current situation where most of us work from home, knowing how to brew your own coffee can be life-changing! In this article we dive into the world of french press coffee.
What is a french press?
The french press is one of the most classic and easiest ways to make coffee, brewing by soaking ground coffee directly in hot water then pressing a plunger down to separate the grounds from the coffee.
How does french press coffee taste?
French press coffee is dense and heavy, yet it has its own sort of elegance.
How to make coffee in 4 minutes:
1. Pour coarse ground coffee into the carafe. If you're using 350 grams of water, you’ll want 30 grams of coffee.
2. Then fill it with enough boiling water to fill the french press.
3. Give the grounds a gentle stir with a bamboo paddle or chopstick. Allow the coffee to bloom for 30 seconds.
3. After waiting for four minutes for the coffee to steep, put the lid on and slowly press the plunger down to separate the grounds from the coffee.
4. Serve immediately (or transfer to a separate carafe), as the coffee will continue to brew and get more bitter if allowed to sit in the press for too long!